Pages

Sunday 19 August 2012

Salsa

For over a year now my sister and I have been trying to make the majority of our own condiments. Salsa is one of the ones that I have not bought in over a year since it is so darn easy to make fresh and takes only about 5 minutes! It takes me more time to walk to the store. 

Making your own condiments is cheap, easy and fast. You can also guarantee what has been put in your food. You can make smaller quantities so that they stay super fresh and delicious! This morning I whipped up some salsa to go with lunch. This recipe goes well also as a side or a topping for any meats, eggs, toast, salad, or any other thing you might want to use it for. This is also a great way to use up tomatoes that are on the verge of mushiness.

Home Made Salsa
yield 2-3 cups of salsa (Reduce recipe if you want less)

3-4 tomatoes (I used red and yellow today to give it a nice colour)- cut in quarters
1/5-1/4 onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli's to taste
Salt
1/4 cup or so of cilantro... or to taste

Put everything in the food processor or chop by hand. Chop till it is as fine as you would like. Voila, Salsa! Easy isn't it? I bet that took you about 5 min? Enjoy!
My hand crank food processor (Love! <3) with my fresh batch of salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment