Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Baby Shower

Two weeks ago I hosted a baby shower for the lady I made the blanket for. Showers are always fun and it gives me a chance to try out new decorations and recipe's. I decided to decorate with large crysanthemum poof's in yellow white and orange. Please see here for a tutorial since I didn't record mine. (Tissue Flowers Tutorial) I made some huge ones and some small ones to give some variety to the look. Also instead of hanging streamers like normal, I twisted them like I saw on this post. (Garland Tutorial) I really liked how it turned out!

For snacks we had Salsa and Guacamole with chips. I have posted my Salsa recipe in another post on my blog (Salsa Recipe) but I will post the guacamole down below. Also we had tea, coffee and cakes. I made some delicious coconut cakes with a coconut cream cheese ganache mousse cake topping. Yum yum! (I was using up leftover bits of icing from the last week) On top of the cakes were little orange fondant flowers. The rest of the guests brought potluck items so I didn't need to provide as much.
We hade a few games too for the day. One of them you had to guess the number of baby items in the bag. The mother to be got to keep all of the items after. Can you believe there are 41 items in that bag below??

Overall I think it went quite well and the mother was happy!

Here are some recipe's for your Monday enjoyment:

Guacamole Recipe
2-3 Ripe (preferably organic) Avocado's
1 tsp Sriracha Rooster Sauce or another hot sauce
2-3 TBSP plain yogurt
Salt to taste
Cut avocado's and scoop green flesh out from inside. Mush with a fork in a bowl till creamy. (I sometimes use my food processor to speed things up) Add other ingredients. Salt to taste. Enjoy!

Coconut Cream Cheese Ganache Mousse Cake Topping
1 cup of your favorite cream cheese frosting
1.5 cups or so of whipped Ganache (please see my previous post) (Ganache Recipe)
1/4 cup coconut cream
1.5 cups heavy cream
Blend cream cheese frosting, coconut cream and ganache in a bowl. In a seperate clean bowl, whip the cream. Slowly fold about 1 cup of whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. When it is incorporated, fold in the remainder. Ice cake accordingly.
Setting up the table

Cakes- These were on a cake stand later on

Guessing game- How many pieces do you think are in here?

Lei with blue pacifiers for the mother-to-be to wear

Poofs and ribbons


No comments:

Post a Comment